Monday, October 7, 2013

The American Dream Food - The Hamburger

I watched a program this morning on one of the food channels where the host visited a renouned restaurant in Los Angeles that served $26 hamburgers.  He proceeded to introduce the chef, and have the chef explain to him what was so special about his hamburgers that was worth $26.  The chef obliged by showing our host a few cuts of aged beef that he proceeds to grind fresh before preparing his enormous and costly hamburgers. 


Our host was practically drooling at the sight of what he called this "quality piece of beef," dry aged, and marbled to perfection.  Somehow, I cannot look at all this fat and associate a word like "quality" to it.


Our illustrious chef took several pieces of such "quality" beef and passed them through the grinder, to produce his famous hamburgers.  The host shut his eyes in ecstasy as he bit into the rare hamburger, with the juices running down his chin.

I am not vegetarian, but the sight of so much fat and pink, uncooked meat is not appetizing to me.  I don't care how much it costs.  What I do like are the caramelized onions and the buttered bun, but that's just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment